programming keys in garage door opener

I have a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP Garage Door Opener. Suddenly, I am not able to use the external keypad (mounted on the wall) to open/close the door.

My remotes on the cars still work.

The battery seems good as the lights on the keypad blink. Neither the instructions in the keypad nor the manual give steps to reset the code.

Does anyone know how to do it?

thanks (alwar) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Al

Push the learn button on the opener momentarily. Punch in the code on the keypad & push enter within 30 seconds on pushing the learn button.

Do not push & hold the learn button or you will erase the remotes also.

Doordoc

doordoc

If you worked for the media, you could blame President Bush ;-)

S1

Reply to
Savvy 1

Print out a copy of the keypad's instructions:

Rich

Reply to
Rich