Programmable Thermostats for Heat Pumps

Anyone have first hand recommendations for programmable thermostats for heat pumps?

Thanks

Reply to
Pointer

Hi, Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 series. There are several different models and pick the right one for your needs(HP capable, multi stage cooling/heating, etc. option).

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Climatouch is the only maker with a +2/-2 RH% range whereas Visionpro is far less capable in controlling humidity

Reply to
nate

I don't know anything about Climatouch, however, I am sold on Honeywell thermostats. I have a Honeywell TH8321U (VisionPRO) which also attempts to control humidity. Here in the mountains of western NC, it rarely gets real hot, but the humidity is still there. It seems to do a very good job of holding the temp and controlling humidity. It can, according to the instructions, let the temp go 2 degrees colder than the set temp in order to maintain the set humidity level, although I've rarely seen it go lower than the set point. It also helps if you have a multistage heatpump/AC unit. It generally only runs in stage 1 unless it is really hot and has to bring down the temp more than a few degrees. Also, these thermostats can run a separate whole house dehumidifier, if you live in the swamp. I think if it were to try to control the humidity +/- 2%, you would probably undershoot the temp by more than 2 degrees, of course, depending on outside conditions.

Reply to
Art Todesco

My Honeywell T8611G Chromotherm IV has been running flawlessly for 10+ years.

A battery backup to preserve the date and time settings following a power failure would be nice, but that is a minor gripe.

Gary

Reply to
G Mulcaster

Thanks to all for the helpful advice.