Programmable thermostat for 3-wire w/zone valves?

Can anyone please cite any specific models that will work in this application? The only one I've been able to determine by poking around on the net is the White-Rodgers IF75D, but that doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere. TIA for any comments
Steve L.
Hi S.L., hope you are having a nice day
On 06-Nov-03 At About 22:00:43, S.L. wrote to All Subject: Programmable thermostat for 3-wire w/zone valves?
S> Can anyone please cite any specific models that will work in this S> application? The only one I've been able to determine by poking S> around on the net is the White-Rodgers IF75D, but that doesn't seem S> to be for sale anywhere. TIA for any comments
You can use any thermostat you want. just use a relay to operate the valve. if you don't know how to do this call someone who does to do it for you.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." - s.w.
Yes, good advice. It is also known as an isolating relay.
I have the same incompatibility issue with three-wire Taco zone valves.
Can anyone tell me if the coils of the isolating relays should be powered by a second 24v transformer? Does it make a difference whether I install battery powered or 24vac powered thermostats? Are there relays designed specifically for this application?
George Elkins

valve.