Programmable thermostat

Hi all,
I'm looking for recommendations for programmable thermostats - didn't really see what I was looking for in the archives.
I've got 2 heat pumps - I downstairs/1 upstairs. Trane X1000s I believe.
I would like a 7 day programmable unit. I would also like to be able to control the upstairs unit from downstairs, even if it means giving up the thermostat upstairs. Humidity control would be nice as well, as would being able to control an Aprilaire humidifier (I doubt something exists for all of this).
I'm not sure what to look for as far as number of stages/zones/etc.
Thanks, Budman

It does.
Altho, you really dont want the stat controlling your humidifier. Upgrade it to a 600 series with an induct humidistat, and an outdoor sensor.
The Honeywell Vision Pro line, (NOT the cheap $100 ones at Home Depot) and Robertshaw offer the options for outdoor sensors, and remote sensors.

2 stage. You dont need a zone controller, unless you have zone dampners, unlikely with a heat pump./

Get a Honeywell TH8321U1006 which has humidity control built in.
Get a Honeywell TH8320U1008 for the one that doesn't have the Aprilaire connected.
Do not try to control the upstairs unit from the downstairs.

Good point, I never thought of that.

Hi all,
Thanks for the info.
I guess if I wanted to control both units downstairs, I would need to put in a remote temp sensor upstairs and run the control wires (from the old upstairs thermostat location) to the downstairs location?
Thanks, Budman
Yes, but I don't know if you can use the Honeywell models to control both humidity and temperature from one thermostat. Maybe someone else could answer that. I love Honeywell thermostats, but have had poor results with their outdoor sensors. Maybe there's another brand that makes better sensors.