Programmable Thermostat

Page 2 of 2
I expect that also, but I'm uusally disappointed.
Sorry, dot.
[When I ask for help, I expect the responses to be helpful (not insulting)].
With the desired temperature set at 84 degrees, the room temperature drops to 72 degrees before the heater comes on. Shouldn't the room temperature stay within a couple of degrees of the desired temperature?
The heater has 2 green LED indicator lights. Both lights flash simultaneouly at 3 flashes per second which the chart says is "NORMAL OPERATION - signaled when heating demand initiated by thermostat".
. wrote:

I'm no expert, but all of that sounds normal to me. You set the desired temp to 84, the thermostat then switches and tells your the current room temp which is 72, the thermostat is telling the heater that it is calling for heat and the heater LED's indicate that is what is correctly happening, and over time the room temp will gradually increase until it reaches the desired temp that you set (84), and then the heater will turn off.
When the heater raises the room temp from 72 degrees to the desired temp (82 degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"?

degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"?
With all the thermostats I've dealt with, no it's not but I never dealt with your thermostat.

degrees), the heater turns off. Then, the room temp drops back down to 72 degrees before the heater comes on again. Is this 10-degree drop "normal"? Yes, what is not normal is heating to 82 degrees. You need to re-bait the troll line.

The OP left out so much information, it is impossible to give a really intelligent reply. For example: type of heat, location, type of dwelling, time of day testing was done, phase of the moon, room where thermostat is located, why he/she put in a new thermostat/what was wrong with old one, etc - - - - - .
On 12-28-2012 12:13, . wrote:

Three lines draw more replies than can fit in my window. I think we have a successful troll.
--
Wes Groleau

There ain't no right wing,