prog. therm. and heat pump questions

Abby Normal wrote

Sure, you could put the ductless split system output there.

It'll work fine in the central area tho.

No need.

Stupid approach.

Wrong, as always.

No surprise that you are a drunken unemployable HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Abby Normal wrote

Sure, you could put the ductless split system output there.

It'll work fine in the central area tho.

No need.

Stupid approach.

Wrong, as always.

And your original pig ignorant claim that setback cant work with heat pumps clearly always was just plain pig ignorant drivel.

No surprise that you are a drunken unemployable HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You are setting the secondary system lower than the primary system, so the secondary system cylces off first.

The new central temp, that is approaching 70F is distributed to the other rooms by the ductless secondary system. Hey that sure works. 70F air to a cold room teleported magically ought to just recover great. Anyone with enough brains to cash a welfare cheque can't be that stupid, you are just trying to steal the fishing rod from me.

Well I guess you could run the fan steady when the primary thermostat was satisfied, the room temps will slightly rise and this helps cool down the central area to the point that the primary system comes back on. But the problem is this is a mickey mouse amount of heat and will be at a lower rate than what the room loses due to the outdoor ambient.

Then the primary system comes on central area hits 70 and it shuts off again, repeats over and over until finally, until long after everyone froze their ass off in the shower, went to work, the outdoor ambinet rises, the sun starts shining and the house finally recovers.

The central booster is worse than Zeno's paradox or is it Xeno? You got a dead dog rocket.

The secondary system by your own description is set to shut off before the primary system does. So you have recovered the temperature in the central area. Not doing much of anything in the rooms tho.

I'll tell you what, if you want a piping hot wood stove or the fireplace in the central area and you crank up the heat in that central area, then by running the fan of a 'primary system' you are going to get some heat into the rooms. The central area is going to be quite warm for this to happen.

So maybe you have some scrap wood or dried up kangaroo dung to burn and get some free heat and an elevated temp in the central area hey, you have proven you can circulate air and warm up rooms. You want to get the same elevated temperature using a ductless heat pump in a central area and you are using more power than a heat strip.

Really if you have enough brains to fill out a form to apply for welfare, how can you even think this.

Man oh man, I thought I was trolling the troll. Now the fish is fighting back. I think I am just going to have to reel it in and club it now.

I will translate it for you then. Your set back scheme does not work so they freeze their asses of in the morning. However after the sun finally rises the east side of the house may recover.

Sure can be a lot more if you crank up the secondary system to get it up to 80 in the central area. You are trying too hard to get that fishing rod back.

Try a code system

assign numeric values to strings such as "primary", "uniform", "pig" etc, then use a random number generator. Write a little program to convert the random numbers back to strings and you have more sensible sounding responses.

If you can't access a random number generator maybe do like the old 'numbers' gambling system. A good source of numbers to use and later convert to strings could be the cheque numbers on your welfare cheques.

You spell with the Queen's English down there right?

Reply to
Abby Normal

[...]

A cornered animal perhaps, but more like turtle. I gave him an out, but he refuses to try.

He will retract into his shell and just counter with his standard repettoire. The trick is to get him to stick his head out of the shell.

You need to get him to say something other than the repettoire and he crucifies himself.

I think he figures he is trying the Ali Rope-a-Dope, but he needs to look out for the Parkinsons.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Abby Normal wrote

ONLY when its got back to the normal temp.

Just a type, by the primary system, stupid.

Dont need to, there's a reason the secondary thermostat is set a little below the normal temp, stupid.

Taint gunna happen, because the primary system has been distributing the increase temp in the central area right thru the time when the secondary system is coming back off setback.

Wrong, as always.

Complete pig ignorant drivel. If that was so, the system wouldnt be able to maintain temps properly without setback stupid.

Wrong, as always. Its thermostat is set a bit higher than the one on the secondary system so it will continue to distribute the central temp to the other rooms, just like it did right thru the time coming off setback.

Wrong, as always. The primary system will be distributing that to the other rooms just like it does with no setback stupid.

Wrong again when coming off setback.

Reams of your pathetic attempt at a troll flushed where it belongs.

No wonder the best you have ever been able to manage is drunken unemployable HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes it shows you can effectively make him dance for you.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Reply to
Steve Scott

See without clearly summarizing what you are trying to do, you can keep up this three card monte. At least it expands your vocabulary.

You are already setting the secondary system thermostat lower than the primary system thermostat, so the secondary system cylces off before it reaches the temperature set point of the primary system.

The primary system then brings the central area up to temperature then the heat shuts off otherwise you are overheating the central area.

You are not quite coherent here. At least you did not repeat your last mistake saying a ductless split system is distributing heat through out the house. You took your eyes off of the cards and confused yourself, too funny there rocket.

And by that reason, the secondary system never brings the central area up to temperature. It stops short of doing so, and forces the primary system to finally bring up the central area to temperature.

All the secondary system has done, has reduced the run time of the primary system as the central area warms back up. The other rooms cannot recover by your scheme.

You know this, it is just in your mind, you are fooling yourself in thinking that as long as you keep coming back with this drivel, you do not look like an idiot.

Kind of like a fat chick in tight jeans asking "Do these jeans make my ass look fat?" You truthfully answer NO as the jeans are not making her look fat because she already is fat. But hearing that "NO" she then fools her self into thinking she is a hottie and struts her stuff in Public.

If the 'chick' term confuses you, substitue the term "shelia" mate.

Well your reasoning would work if the central area was very hot, but then that harpoons you one more time.

You already mentioned minimal heat, maybe you did not like the disney reference

Hey you can have a primary system as big as you want, but when its thermostat says it is warm, it shuts off. So I gave you a hint before about motorized dampers on the primary supplies to the central area, just that it creates additional expense and more problems.

Just work it all out and summarize the system. Hey all the power to you, come on give me one of those nose rubbings you have been bragging about. Geez man, I have even conceded a dry subtropical climate and you cannot do it. Does your mother still wipe your ass for you too?

Well clarify the the set points of the two systems to make your case then.

The primary system runs, heats the entire home and then shuts off early as the central area recovers faster than the rest of the house because of your stupid booster. So you can overheat the central area and continue to add heat to the rooms to. You will end up using more heat and energy than the strips unfortunately.

I already showed you how to work out what the return temperature going into the heat pump will be, a simple weighted average of the temperatures of the central area and those of the rooms.

The supply temp to the rooms has to be about 25 degrees warmer than the room to maintain temperature. If the primary system cycles off the heat, but the fan keeps running, the elevated return temperature of the central area only causes a return temperature to the heat pump to be a couple degrees warmer than the room air temperatures (which have not yet recovered). So the constant circulation cannot supply enough heat to even keep up with the heat loss of the rooms, so the rooms start cooling off as soon as the primary heat system is off.

Hey put a mini-split in each room and sure that will work. But you only have one in the central area rocket.

I think I should promote you from rocket to Appollo. Hey give up now and you will be Appollo 13, keep going and earn the title Appollo 1.

If there was no setback at all, and you actually knew how to design a duct and heating system, then with the primary stat in the central area, the primary system should be able to maintain the house at a fairly uniform temperature especially at night.

The air flow to each room incuding the central area, is more or less sufficient to maintain each room at the desired temperature.

So when you set the system back and then try to recover just using the primary system, the temperatures start coming back to roughly the same level at a similar rate. Never exact but close enough.

So now you are turning on a secondary system that just serves the central area, and there is no longer heat distirbution properly proportioned in the home, the central area recovers faster.

You are still stupid enough to have a single stat for the primary system in the central area, so the central area warms up to temperature and the primary system stops supplying heat. Keeping the fan running does not help your case at all. It is like the fat sheila wearing vertical stripes, she sitll is fat.

When no setback is used, you have the primary system properly distributing the heat. When you recover with just the primary system you still have the primary system properly distributing heat. When you recover with heat strips, the extra heat of the strips is properly distributed through out the house, the house then recovovers quickly and uniformly.

Any recovery scheme needs to properly proportion the 'surplus heat' to bring the entire house up to a uniform temperature. Your ductless secondary system can't do this. So maybe try tearing down all the partition walls and making the house 'open concept.' Or if it was new construction, use the savings of not having to build partition walls and pay for the booster heat pump.

Other wise you need a ducted secondary system to do that and that harpoons your whole plan as you do not know how to make the duct system work without it being another expense that will never pay for itself.

Or of course you could also just put a little booster in each room as well.

Maybe tinker with the fact of modifying the swamp cooler so that its fan and duct work can give you even additional circulation (plus a kW of fan/motor heat) and you could actually prove that you have been able to recover on time, just a far cry from being viable. You need to add a mixing box to get that swamp cooler just to re-circulate return air.

It is a shame an easy climate such as yours and you cannot even prove that you can recover temperature.

Ream, dream, drink some Jim Beam. You might as well you cannot even come up with a Goldberg solution.

Please, I told you it is Mr. Ape Sir. When you figure out how you can recover from a night time setback with a heat pump in a subtropical climate then you may revert back to addressing me as lowly drunk ape.

On the sixth day of christmas appollo gave to me....................

Reply to
Abby Normal

close but no cigar, you forgot to allow for the 'pathological' variation.

Reply to
Abby Normal

George you seem to have struck a nerve with welfare, could be a case of the truth hurting.

I tried copying it but he would not bite the second time in a row. (:

Reply to
Abby Normal

See rocket

Mr Logan thought you had a valid point there for a minute, you got a little cocky, you ended up saying more than your usual reppettoire and you hung yourself.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Abby Normal wrote

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

None of the rest of your pathetic excuse for a troll worth bothering with, all flushed where it belongs.

No surprise that the best you have ever managed is drunken unemployable HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Steve Scott wrote

You dont need a sales f****it to have a sale.

Even you should have noticed that it can be completely automated now.

Then you dont have the problem with pathological liars either.

Reply to
latmu

Abby Normal wrote

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is drunken completely unemployable HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Still taking about yourself, Mr. Welfare?

Reply to
William Souden

As usual, refuted by facts Mr. Welfare can only reply with the usual nonsense, a tacit admission that the welfare leech is wrong.

Reply to
William Souden

Oh, lookee. Mr Welfare made up a new name. Just because your welfare check is automated does not mean real jobs are. Tell us how an open house for real estate is automated. How about a test drive for a car? Tell us how a retailer automates the layout and text of an advertisement. How about a tv commercial? While lonely welfare dolts might cherish automated phone calls to solicit business real people respond better to a live call.

What jobs have you managed, Mr. Welfare? Oh right, a fast food job that lasted a few hours.

Reply to
William Souden

Rod Speed wrote:our vocabulary.

Another admission of failure from Mr. Welfare.

Reply to
William Souden

It obvious to see why he got laid off from HVAC. I hear there is a shortage of manpower in New Zealand to clean cooling towers. Maybe he could emigrate and get off the dole. Or is the dole just a pommie term?

Reply to
Abby Normal