prog. therm. and heat pump questions

Come on rocket, you said the primary system would maintain the temperature even though it could not handle the setback, so this means it is then sized for the heating load and by your own admission, can not handle the setback, so you have a booster.

Now the problem is that something sized for the heating load, which then can deliver a significant amount of heat from a low temperature source, is going to have much more capacity than needed for cooling unless of course you live in Bermuda.

I thought when you were pitching 3 systems you realized this problem. At least you sort of had all your bases covered then, one sized for the cooling load, another sized to make up the difference needed for the one sized for cooling's heat output vs the required heat output, then a third system system to finally prove you could accomplish set back and then recover in time.

Nothing viable in the above.

So try to increase your batting average then, you finally got a hit when you realized that in the warmest time of the day you would have the maximum heat output from a heat pump.

Maybe you could just summarize one of these viable systems that covers all the bases. Come on bottom of the ninth two out and if you hit a grand slam, you got a chance of losing with dignity.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Rod suffers from a mental defect that prevents him from admitting error. The "reams" and assorted other auto responses are his subconscious of admitting that facts have, as usual, either failed him or prove him wrong. When he is is wrong beyond a doubt he whines "bullshit" and "irrelevant".

Reply to
William Souden

He seems easily confused too.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Abby Normal wrote

You did manage to get that bit right. Fucking miracle.

Mangled that completely. I ACTUALLY said that you can EITHER let it come back off the setback after midday in time for the normal temp in the evening, if no one is going to be home during the day, OR you can use a ductless split system to come off setback if you prefer to come off setback before anyone gets up.

Do TRY to keep up. Laying off the grog might help.

Or you dont actually use it for cooling. A swamp cooling system makes a hell of a lot more sense here, vastly cheaper to run. And you can use the heat pump on the very occasional says when the humidity is too high for the swamp system to work well.

Not a shred of evidence that you are actually capable of thought or even being able to keep straight what is actually being discussed either.

Wrong, as always.

I knew that all along, just rubbed your nose in it when you were stupid enough to proclaim that setback aint viable with heat pumps.

Pointless, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to tailor the system to the way its going to be used.

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Try laying off the grog for a while and see if that helps.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Rocket, you are not scoring any originality points here on the insults, I am disappointed to say the least.

So take a deep breath and concentrate. Lets see you summarize a viable scheme that has all the bases covered.

You can google search and get back to me tomorrow if you need the time. You can even explore the vrv systems and you do not need to give me a footnote credit.

Reply to
Abby Normal

So let's see you summarize a system.Hey tailor it all you want.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

one more time rocket, third time is a charm

Reply to
Abby Normal

This is getting good rocket. A ducted primary heat pump system for heat, a ductless heat pump as a booster system to prove you can actually set back a heat pump, and now a swamp cooler. Keep going, sooner or later you will have an X15 modulator and or a flux capacitor.

On the first day of christmas my rocket gave to me a heat pump that was too big...........

Reply to
Abby Normal

Another fact filled Rod Speed refutation.

Reply to
William Souden

You awake yet down under rocket?

I can sort of see how you are trying to put things in context. You endure one of the easiest climates in the world to heat/cool with a heat pump yet you cannot come up with a viable scheme to prove your point. If you had a clue as to what you were talking about, you should be easily able to do it. As easy as a Bermuda Climate and all you can do is wet paper bags, blotto and pig ignorant.

You even have good proximity access to the asian ductless split systems

- at least substantial savings on the freight.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You are taking all the fun out of trolling a troll.

On the second day of christmas my rocket gave to me two paper bags and a heat pump that was too big

Reply to
Abby Normal

Couldnt bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Obviously blotto, as always.

No surprise that the best its ever been able to manage is HVAC ape.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Three blottos, 2 paper bags and a ..............

Maybe on the fith day i will get "five viable systems", even tho I would gladly accept just one.

Man I was looking at some ozzie weather data and average July monthly lows were 6 to 9C in areas with average July highs around 15C. So you should be able to viably size something up there as easy as in Bermuda.

Maybe with some long underwear and passive solar you could frugally get by without any heat. Perhaps a central fire place and burn some kangaroo chips or those pesky rabbit droppings. It seems to get dry in summer with some high temperatures so maybe your swamp cooler works.

Have you considered adding a mixing box to the inlet of your swamp cooler yet, that would allow from 100% outside air to 100% return air. I was thinking that you could switch it to 100% return air in the heating mode, cycle the water on and off to keep humidity up, plus use that high volume of air flow to equalize the temperatures through out the house from the booster heat pump or central fire place.

Have you ever heated or cooled anything besides your food and your CPU?

So come on, summarize one viable system then you can throw in another nose rubbing on me.

Reply to
Abby Normal

Abby Normal wrote