Professionals Reply Only

Made in France says it all!!! French tanks have 1 forward speed and 3 reverse speeds. Their rifles are often found on the battlefield in like new condition-- need I mention Renault!!!!

Reply to
bigjimpack

LMFAO, I often wondered how well a bubble level would work on the top of a drill. What a bunch of weekend warrior gimmicks. Give me a freakin break.

Reply to
evodawg

Reply to
evodawg

Excellent perception. Made in the USA doesn't always mean the best possible product for the buck. Pride in workmanship starts at the top.

The mark of a true professional is doing the job right the first time and making it look easy.

Reply to
RLM

On Sat 02 Aug 2008 04:10:19p, evodawg told us...

I gues you could call me a weekend warrior, but I have a decent collection of both old and new tools. A rechargeable drill I bought a couple of years ago happened to have a bubble level built into it. I didn't think much of it until I began using the drill. Surprisingly, it does help in guiding the drill in a horizontal position.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

You may be correct. Modern drills are light enough to use with one hand while the other holds a square. But you have to keep moving the square! Nowdays, drills have those little target levels so you can get the hole perfect in all directions! They've got chucks that don't need keys, battery operated so you can use 'em anywhere, little clips to hold spare/extra screw bits, all kinds of goodness.

That, and I like to listen to the radio.

Reply to
HeyBub

I love Chinese food.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

I didn't mean to imply that, but it seems that really the only way to evaluate Chinese quality is visual inspection, as a lot of stuff hasn't been on the market long enough to see whether it's really durable or not. Also many stores take a dim view of disassembling the samples in the store :) And you have to admit that some Chinese products have indeed received a bad rap for quality.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'm assuming that that was tongue in cheek. I don't care if my drill weighs 10 lbs. if I need to drill a hole in a truck frame, and only have to do that every couple years or so. I can (and do) keep a cheap consumer grade model around for around-the-house tasks.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Depends on what you're doing. I still know some people who take pride in their work, and I enjoy working with those people. Sadly, they're electricians (in a specialized field) and a lot of them are here on green cards, apparently working with your hands is not lucrative/attractive enough for many native born citizens.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I freakin' HATE keyless chucks. Inevitably I will have to drill a hole in steel sheet and the drill bit I need will be some old thing without the three flats on it, and inevitably it will catch, a keyless chuck simply does not grip the bit tight enough to keep it from spinning. Reverse it out, remove bit, gently file the burrs off the shank, try again, catch, spin, repeat 3x, finally hole is done, clean up with reamer and chamfer, now you have to file the drill bit again 'cause the burr won't let it fit into your drill index...

just give me a good old fashioned Jacobs keyed chuck, thank you.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You really need to understand how things work. I look at life like a big Chess Board. We are the Pawns, disposable, expendable, and easily made to feel somewhat important. Then you have the big boys with the true POWER that control the strings and every movement is made far in advance, control every aspect of our life's. And these big boys are not the president or congress, just the ones that control everything like all the moves on the Chess Board. Big Money and Corporations and the families that control it. You just do your best and try not to get in their way and hopefully you can die with some kind of dignity and be somewhat successful. And this is the way it's been since the beginning of time and it will be that way until man's demise.

I know this sounds cynical but can anyone explain to me why this would not make sense? Explain to me why People in high places can make the dumbest decisions that not even a moron would make and come out smelling like a rose? Simple, read the above paragraph.

Reply to
evodawg

I always love it when your drilling into hard dry wood and the drill sticks then you reverse it and the drill bit is now stuck in the wood and the only way to get it out is with vise grips and like you say you end up either breaking it or burring it. And sometimes if it breaks your screwed because that's the only hole you could drill for appearance purposes.

Reply to
evodawg

Also how much pride do you think I or others like me can take when the following hapens to them? I was promised a good eairly retirement when I started at 23 years old if I worked for the comapny for 30 years and was over 55. Around the time I turned 53 the company was sold and the new owners decided not to honor that agreement. That now means instead of retiring at 55 or 60 I will have to work to atleast 62 or maybe 65 when the medicare insurance starts. Then I look at Home Depot and see they 'fired' the CEO and gave him around

120 million to leave. Poor Ford Motor comapny CEO only got about 20 million to leave. I did manage to loose about $ 10,000 in the Ford stock when it fell from around $ 27 to $ 10. See that it is around $ 5 now. Guess that I did save a few dollars by getting out at $ 10.

Seems the government lets the big boys get payed when they are fired for poor job performance, while the workers get shafted for working.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Government doesn't really have a dog in this fight. I am assuming that you aren't suggesting that the government mandated the changes in your situation.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Some of the best and highest quality power tools I've ever used are manufactured by Hilti (Liechtenstein) and Metabo (Germany). Their tools are very tough and powerful. If you ever come across any in a pawn shop, snatch them up if the price is reasonable.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

What qualifications do I need, in order to have your permission to reply?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So, only professionals can reply. Us no-pro, but serious tool uses don't count? If not for us, the pro would have even less choices. We buy the PC, Bosch, Festool and the like that makes for enough volume to support the pro line manufacturing.

Get your head out of your ass and consider the serious tool user, not just the pro.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Like everything else, they have there place I don't want one on my drill press, but I certainly like the one on my Panasonic drill. I don't drill steel with a hand drill very often though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Professional what? Cross dresser? Is that what you think this typewriter-with-a-tv-screen thing is for?

Get over yourself. Welcome to the IntarWeeb©®.