problems with engineered flooring install

I am in the process of reassembling some engineered flooring after correcting some mistakes. Kahrs assembles like laminate but has a 1/8 inch hardwood surface. I notice on the seams that there is a small ledge just enough to catch a fingernail between the seams of the majority of the boards, though the seams look tight and you can't actually see the ledge. Kahrs says their floors fit flush and that this might have been caused by overengaging the boards by tapping them too hard during assembly. Almost all the seams are like this, even in places that went together with no hammer and block tapping (we were gentle when we tapped). Another person at Kahrs said that this problem was caused by the boards swelling in humid weather and not by overengaging the boards. It has been quite humid here the last few weeks. Did we goof or is this just how this types of flooring fit together? Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks for the help.
Did you try reducing the humidity and letting the wood sit for a week?
I did not buy Armstrong floors because they seemed to have a tiny gap. The Mannington laminate we put down 2 years ago has no gap and can be removed and replaced as many times as you want. Most cannot or have a gap.