Problem with Sears Garage Door Opener and Clicker remote

I just installed a new Sears Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door Opener, model #53989. I have had the following problem getting my Clicker CLT1 Universal Garage Door Opener Remote Control to work with it. When I clear the memory, I can get the opener to recognize the Clicker but then it won't let me add the Sears remotes. If I clear the memory again, I can add the Sears remotes but then it won't let me add the Clicker.
Is this a "feature" to force you to buy the Sears remote?
Dave McWilliams Champaign, Illinois
snipped-for-privacy@ncsa.uiuc.edu (David McWilliams) wrote in message

Your new opener is rolling code (security+) & the clicker is non-rolling code & therefore you will never get both of them to work on the same opener at the same time since the receiver can only be set to accept one type.
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com