Problem with plumbing for single bay sink

I used to have a double sink where there was a pipe connected to each of the drains. I have just switched to a single sink and was wondering how to hook up the one drain to the two pipes? Should I just use one and plug the other one up or should I use a y and have the one drain go to the two pipes?
Thanks for your help!!!
Patrick wrote:

Plug one of them (at the wall) and just use the one.
Jim