Problem with Intermatic T107-30 Timer - Running Slow

Hi all,
We have an old mechanical Intermatic T107-30 timer which controls our landscape lighting. In the last few weeks, the timer started acting up - it is running extremely slow.
Basically for every hour, the timer will only run ~2 minutes.
Is it worth getting this timer repaired? Does anyone know if there is a simple fix for this issue?
If not, can anyone recommend a timer which will:
1. Control ~1000 - 1500W of lamps 2. Sunset programming AND turn off the lamps at a fixed time (i.e. 3:00am). 3. Multiple programs (turn on at sunset and turn on around 5:00am?).
Since this is for residential use... something cheap + reliable would be ideal ;-)
Thanks!
I had an old Intermatic mechanical used indoors for controlling a light. When it started running slow I sprayed the internals with WD40. That was 20 years ago. Still working since but I only use it on vacations.

how abt a photo cell??

Yes, I thought about that too - but I failed to mention the wiring for the box is located inside our garage. So if I were to use a photocell, I'll have to rewire.
Also, a photocell will run the lights all night? I sort of want a device that is smart enough to turn on after dark till some fixed time (i.e. 1:00am), and then turn back on around 6:00am before work till sunrise ;-)
Spam Catcher writes:

Typically this is caused by the bearings in the synchronous AC motor wearing out. Some suppliers stock the replacement motors.
However, if you are running a kilowatt of lighting, you are spending $100s per year on power controlled by this thing, and it would be worth it to buy something more precise in timing versus sunset. An hour a day will save you $50 per year. The Intermatic Web site will help you.

Yes, that's what we're thinking too - buying a digital timer with some more smarts in it.
I did some recalculations, we're probably closer to 600 watts, so a kilowatt was a bit of an over estimation.
In anycase, thanks everyone for their suggestion, I'll give the good old WD-40 a try :-)