Problem With Gutter

I promised my neighbor I would post this question for her. She has a birdcage over her pool and on the side where it joins the house, is a gutter that also supports the birdcage. She stressed that it was not a "standard" gutter because of it also supporting the birdcage. Anyway, the problem is this: the installer needed an extra long piece across the side of the house and so he joined two separate pieces - butting them together. Now there is a leak there. She called someone who installs gutters and he came out and said she would need to take down the entire birdcage to fix the problem. She sure doesn't want to do that.

I may be wrong, but I just think there should be a way for her to patch it where the joint is. She said she had a leak in her gutter in her NY home and she put some kind of wire mesh over it and glued it on and it solved the problem. she tried that with this one and it didn't work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. There is a long awning under the gutter and it has discolored it - she wants to replace it but not before she fixes the leak.

Thanks.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701