Problem with Dishwasher Draining water Then Washing

Dear All,     I have a Magic Chef Dishwasher that fills up with water, then drains all of the water, then starts to wash. Also, the detergent dispenser does not release. I checked the pump and the timer has been changed, but the problem persists. Any answers or suggestions? Thank you very much for your time!
MD: DU4500B Serial: 16605020SY
Sincerely, Christopher Koeber
http://fixitnow.com / please visit the samurai repairman
Hi,

Draining the water too soon....right? If yes, check the drain solenoid, drain solenoid linkage ( inside and outside of the pump assembly ) as a cracked/broken piece can allow the water to fill and drain at the same time.

The door doesn't open? The door opens but the soap remains inside? Without proper water fills neither may work.
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Well, I checked that. The problem is that the machine fills up, THEN DRAINS. In other words, the machine does not leak when filling up. It completely fills up, then right after filling up, completely drains, then proceeds to wash.

That sounds about right.
Thank you for your time!
Christopher

the timer was replaced?
was it wired correctly?
Mark
Mark wrote:

The timer was replaced and wired correctly. I checked the wiring diagram and also manually moved the nob to the various cycles to be sure.
Thanks,
Christopher
did the dishwasher work correctly before the timer was replaced and not correctly after it was replaced?
Also is it the correct version of timer?
Mark
G'day,

That would be correct...if something is broken in the drain linkage, the water pressure after filling would force the valve open and then drain out the water.