Problem With DeLonghi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner

The unit has a small tank that is only supposed to be needed when running in dehumidifying mode. (It even says on the back that the tank may be completely dry when running in air conditioning mode.)
Unfortunately, when the unit is running in air conditioning mode the tank fills up in a few hours and the machine shuts off. It orbitally seemed to work fine. Then I accidentally turned the control to the dehumidifying selection. Now the tank fills up even when the machine is not in dehumidifying mode.
The machine is out of warrantee and I don't want to pay for a repair call just to have the technician tell me that is the way it works.
Is this typical of the DeLonghi air conditioners? If so there should be a class action suit for false advertising.
Stu

Sounds like a defect. Best to consult your lawyer instead of an AC tech or service center.
Hi Stewart, hope you are having a nice day
On 07-Sep-04 At About 17:01:08, Stewart Berman wrote to All Subject: Problem With DeLonghi Pinguino Portable Air Conditioner
SB> The unit has a small tank that is only supposed to be needed when SB> running in dehumidifying mode. (It even says on the back that the SB> tank may be completely dry when running in air conditioning mode.)
SB> Unfortunately, when the unit is running in air conditioning mode the SB> tank fills up in a few hours and the machine shuts off. It SB> orbitally seemed to work fine. Then I accidentally turned the SB> control to the dehumidifying selection. Now the tank fills up even SB> when the machine is not in dehumidifying mode.
SB> The machine is out of warrantee and I don't want to pay for a repair SB> call just to have the technician tell me that is the way it works.
SB> Is this typical of the DeLonghi air conditioners? If so there should SB> be a class action suit for false advertising.
SB> Stu
when you run in A/C or dehumidify mode it is going to produce condensate. is there a way to run a condensate pipe to a drain? or you could install a condensate pump for it.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. Sure I know how to copy disks. Where's the Xerox machine?