Problem with concrete and grading

We just had a concrete patio poured adjoining our house.

There was supposed to have been a grade of at least 1 degree away from the house, so that water would run off towards the edge of the patio, away from the house.

It seems that they poured it, and smoothed it etc, with no grade, or a slight grade towards the house.

Is there any way to build up the concrete to create the correct grade?

Or is there another way to fix this?

Reply to
Tony Karp

Hope you did not pay them yet.

Really no easy way to fix "no slope" concrete. You could always lay tile or stone on top and slope the mud accordingly. Not exactly cost effective.

Reply to
SQLit

Add topping, grind down, tear out. As SQLit notes . no easy way. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Jackhammer, remove, and replace.

What does your contractor suggest? Low bid is not always the best bid.

DanG

I hope you have it in writing that it is supposed to slope away from the house.

Reply to
scott21230

"I hope you have it in writing that it is supposed to slope away from the house. "

He probably doesn't, as that level of detail is usually not specified in a simple patio job. However, this is such an obvious and well known concept that the homeowner would very likely win in court. He hired a professional who he is relying on to do the job correctly. This would be like taking your car to the mechanic for a new water pump and then finding it leaking because the guy did not use a new gasket because you didn't tell him to do so. Plus,.I'm sure there are building codes that cover this too.

Reply to
trader4

I hope you didnt pay "Hack Boys Concrete Co"

Reply to
m Ransley