Problem with AC unit:Temp really hot in one room only? Help

In the coming few days, I am going to buy some uber thick white curtains. I'll see how it goes and post back. thanks

Reply to
Bob Brown

BINGO. IMH&NSEO.

Reply to
mm

What does IHM&HSEO mean please?

Also, are you or anyone else suggesting that the heat problem in my room is because the computer is on all the time?

Not those "see-through" paper thin curtains I have???

Reply to
Bob Brown

In My Humble & Not So Educated Opinion. :)

I think it all contributes. Maybe 50/50 or 30/33/33. I guess I'd try the most likely or cheapest/easiest to remediate first How much the windows matter, I can't tell from here. I do try to remember to close my curtains on sunny days in the summer time, except 6 inches for a breeze. When I don't, it's definitely too warm when I get to the room. I almost never use AC.

I have friends who even with AC are planning on putting film on their living room bay window. They can just stand there and feel all the heat coming in.

Reply to
mm