Problem removing cartridge from leaky faucet

Hi all,
I am trying to remove the cartridge from the faucet in my bathroom but it would not come out. What is the best way to remove it? It's been dripping for a while now. The brand is "Valley Faucet". TIA
pkmicro wrote:

Valley made 2 handle jobs, and single handle of various designs.
Browse here to find out maybe what you have: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/valley.html
or: http://www.doityourself.com/icat/pfistervalleyfcetrep
Jim
Thanks, but what I want to know is how to remove the cartridge from the faucet so I can replace it with the new one. It would not come out, kind of stuck.

it

If the cartridge is a cylinder with a few o rings to keep it tight you may have to make a puller, mine is a screwdriver with the tip heated and bent over about 1/4 in.
beecrofter wrote:

If it's like the Moen units, a cylinder with the control shaft in the center, you can do the following. Pull the control rod out completely. Using a tap about the size of the hole, tap into the hole where the control rod formerly resided. Then remove the tap, put in a small dowel about 1" long into the hole. Now thread the tap until it hits the dowel. Keep turning the tap; the cartridge will thread out on the tap, removing it. It's worked every time for me, however, it was always a Moen.
Thanks for the prompt response. The cartridge is like the picture from the link below. I am afraid to break the plastic shaft and won't be able to pull the whole thing out. What should I do?
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/images/cartridge-6804.jpg
wrote:

it
"Valley
Hope you removed the retainer clip that all cart have some form of. I think?
Frank