Probably a silly paint question

I am going to paint my basement walls (block construction) I prefer the look of flat white paint. I have an awful lot of glossy white paint left over from another project. Is there a way to make glossy paint flat? Or at least maybe something not as shinny?
Thanks...

talc is added to paint to make it flat. the more you add, the flatter it gets. it'd be a bear to mix it up well enough though.

at
Shinny? That's funy. :-)
On Mon, 2 May 2005 15:13:02 -0400, "David DeBoer"

How about using gloss paint for first coat, (after whatever you're using to seal the blocks) Then follow up with flat paint Chuck
Look for a matte finish sealer. Usually in the faux finish areas of the home/paint stores.