Privacy Screen for Outdoor Hot Tub Spa

I'm looking for ideas for a privacy screen for a suburban outdoor hot tub. Basically I just need a 2-sided wall, fence, screen. I haven't decided if it needs to be 6 feet tall or 8 feet tall. I looked at a dozen how to books at Yardbirds, but didn't find any ideas. I want something simple to make, inexpensive, redwood, and attractive.

If you have any web links that offer some good ideas, I'd appreciate seeing them. I want to surprise my wife with something nice that adds to our property value and doesn't look like a lesson in what not to do.

Reply to
Bryan

I just sank some posts. I went to a canvas shop and had them make me up a piece that wraps around. It is held on with those little ball bungees. Quick, simple, easy, and when the weather is bad, or in the off season, it comes off in 60 seconds for storage. A four sided enclosure or roof panel/s would be equally easy. You can put the panels on the roof so there is plenty of air circulation, or leave them off when you want star viewing. Lots of configurations, and all take a couple of minutes to do. Use of different color panels gives you that HGTV look.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

sorry inexpensive and redwood do not go together.

Reply to
SQLit

That's what I want, the HGTV look! An accordian structure that rises and falls on the push of a button would be great. Your canvas/post idea is something I've thought about (more or less); I'd have to find a way to make the bare posts appear HGTV friendly.

Reply to
Bryan

LOL! Ok, by inexpensive I mean I don't want a structure that involves electronics, skylights, windows, ...

Reply to
Bryan

Think bushes.

Reply to
HeyBub

Forget the privacy screens give the neighbors a show!

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Whenever I tell my wife to close the curtains so I can get out of the shower and walk into our bedroom, she tells me, "Oh, don't worry; it's not THAT big." So I'm not sure the neighbors will get much of a show, but ...

I sat in the tub last night waiting/hoping for snowfall (didn't happen, storm went south). Sat there for about an hour trying to visualize a good solution to what I'm starting to think might not be anything more than an imagined problem. I still like my electrically operated vertical accordian solution.

Reply to
Bryan