Privacy fence gate and removable panel

Thanks for the help in the past on questions regarding the sealing of my new fence. Over 3 weeks now, after repeated calls, the fence installer has decided finishing my fence is off his list. The only thing left is a 4ft panel and my gate. I had requested a double drive gate so I can drive a pick up in the backyard with bulk garden goods once or twice per season. I was told those warp really bad, that I should stick with a 48" single gate and a removable panel since I only need drive access every so often. Thankfully, I haven't finished paying this guy and he has written notice to complete by saturday. In any case, I can do a 4ft gate no problem, a double gate or removable panel plus gate is beyond my expertise. Are you aware of any sites where it gives me a run through on a removable panel where a post doesn't interfere with egress?

new
double
of
post
A removable panel should be structured in steel not wood. If you make it out of steel you will never have any problems. Wood just does not hold up. Put some pipes in the ground 24 inches where the posts for removal will go. This will be heavy.. The home centers sell gates. Why not look about and see if you can come up with a combination of stock sizes that fit the bill. Then hinge the gates together to form your whole distance. Do not scrimp on the hinges as there will be a lot of stress on them. Wheels under the sections will help as well. If you can do a 48" gate then with a little thought you can do this as well.
Ron wrote:

i build a double wide fence gate to get into the rear of my property and sure enough the winds came and rattled them back and forth and took down the whole thing.. too heavy and too much for the post to hold with a double wide span.... it was cedar fence boards 6 ft tall, 1 in. by 6 in. boards.. that was the real thick ones about 1 1/4 in.. now the stuff they sell looks like its about 1/2 inch thick...the contractor probably does not want to do it and if you insist then it breaks and you want him to fix it?????
I built my own removable panel to get a trailer in and out of my yard. It isn't too difficult. Frame the panel to the desired size, cross braces and all using pressure treated 2x4's. Then install the same type of hinge hardware that is used on a gate--not the typical hinge but a two piece assembly, one piece is a pin (right angle, screws into the stationary side) and the other has a hole that the pin slides onto( screws on to the panel). The tough part is to get all four hinges lined up properly. To open, lift the panel off the pins, use it as a gate by lifting only one side off, mine has to be supported on the bottom when opened as a gate because it's real heavy. MLD

new
double
of
post