Priming

Hi all,
I just finished priming one wall of my garage and I found it difficult to get an even coat of primer on. Is this normal since it is the first coat of any primer ever put on the drywall, or am I doing something wrong? Will any unevenness come out once I put a second coat on? Do I even need a second coat? Does the evenness of the primer being put on end up influencing the evenness of the paint you put over it? Any help you can provide me with would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

You might try thinning it a bit. Helps it flow.

Yes, and no.
Yes it is normal for the first coat of any paint or primer on new drywall to be uneven. This is due to the differences in how much paint is soaked in, which depends on how thick the compound is, going from none to a lot.
No, you not doing anything wrong.

Yes, assuming the it is done well, even in itself. The first coat seals the drywall and compound.
BigDaDDY wrote:

You'd be wise to stop the dust and fumes from leaving your garage and entering your main residence where both the cat and your fiance are suffering while you wear the dust mask.
If anyone is wondering about this idiot, check the threads titled "Please help" and "Useless replies" by author BigDaDDY over in rec.pets.cats.health+behav .
The cat is suffering a serious medical condition, he claims to have no money for the vet bills, yet the garage renovation is rolling full steam ahead with the house full of dust and fumes both the fiance and cat are having to endure.
--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck