primer problem!

Hello.. I am priming newly patched/repaired plaster walls with PVA primer. The walls were never painted before- covered w/wallpaper. I accidently rubbed up an area in a tight spot and a smudge occured.. I tried to fix it, but it is peeling now. and, off comes big shards of it off the bare plaster patch. when it fully dries, will I be ok to sand the edges and reprime the area?

Reply to
Chris

Should work. After a light sanding you may need to skim coat the area with a wide plaster knife. Check using a trouble light (and your head) held against the wall to see the defects.

Reply to
Phisherman

I just lightly sanded the edges of the peeled away primer. it does look a little better, but you can still see where it is. would it be best to try re-prime first in hopes of not having to skim it, or will I have to skim anyway?

Reply to
Chris

Your primer may not be the best adhering on the market. While a skim coat may be needed to level the surface, you still must tackle the adhesion problem. Get some recommendations from a pro paint store and spring for a quart of something better to get the project done.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

figures I am 2/3 of the way done! all the other areas I have primed are of no problem as far as I can tell.. I can run my hands along the walls and nothing bubbles or scrapes away like this one area. I am using Glidden PVA primer.

Reply to
Chris