Price Phister Kitchen Sink Facuet Repair

I need a nickel's worth of free advice for a plumbing expert.
I need to replace the diverter valve on a PF facuet. I have removed the spout and accessed the diverter assembly but I cant figure out how to get it out of the main body. I've tried twisting it but it won't unscrew and I have tried rocking and pulling the assembly whit a pair of pliers. It won't budge and the only thing I have accomplished is breaking a small portion of plastic from the top edge of the insert.
The facuet is a PF WK2-740C. The part I'm trying to replace is 974-015 Diverter
Thanks,
Ron
If it is like mine there is a bell that holds it in on top that you unscrew first. Look closely, it doesn't look like it comes off. You need some soft jaw pliers.
Just went thru Price Fister hell myself with a cartridge. They sent me a bunch of parts that did not fit but never the O rings I really needed. Many calls to customer support and I dont think anyone there had ever taken a faucet apart before... Ended up tossing it and getting a Delta.
<< I need a nickel's worth of free advice for a plumbing expert. >>
Here's $.02 worth, since I'm no expert.. FWIW. my experience with PF kitchen faucets has been to simply replace them after 18-24 months when they go belly up. Now using Kohler because they're like the energizer bunny, they just keep going... Moen seems to be one of more repairable brands in our area. Good stock of cartridges and stuff at tye box stores. HTH
Joe