Price Pfister Tub/Shower Single Handle Fixture

I am trying to remove and replace a Price Pfister single handle tub/shower black plastic cartridge from a circa 1990 fixture. I have removed the acrylic handle and also a chrome colored threaded sleeve (Collar ?). I can see the face of the black cartridge but it doesn't budge when I try to pull it out. There appears to be a thin brass colored internally threaded sleeve around it that served to fasten the chrome colored retainer (nut collar ??) that I unscrewed and removed. This sleeve has two slots, one on top and one on bottom. At first, I didn't think that the threaded brass colored sleeve was hindering cartridge removal, but now I'm not sure. Does that sleeve have to be removed before removing the cartridge or is it actually a part of the valve body and is the cartridge just stuck ? HELP - Thanks for your assistance.

Please do not reply to or use this email address

Reply to
bandmiat

Some cartriges have recessed screws

Reply to