Price Pfister tub/shower faucet

I had a tenant take some parts off a Price Pfister tub/shower faucet when he left. I got some replacement parts gratis from Price Pfister but am puzzled.
They gave me a chrome cylinder that covers the faucet shaft from the knob to the escuteon plate. It's a loose fit and I see no way of sealing water from penetrating the cylinder between it and the escuteon plate.
Other brands of similar faucets have a similar cylinder but it is threaded at the wall end. Am I missing something? A a part or a concept? I've got to rebuild the wall and I'm worried about continued water leakage.
Doug

Check these out:
About $35 for everything at Lowes.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&N=0&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=Trim%20Kit%20for%20Price%20Pfister
http://www.doityourself.com/invt/5431978

Thanks but the above are all for multihandled faucets. Mine is a single knob faucet. I thoguht that was implied when I said a "chrome cylinder that covers the faucet shaft" but then again perhaps not. I've not seen aftermarket trim kits for them, especially mine.
Mine has an apparently archaic twin screw mounting scheme that goes through the escuteon plate. Price Pfister sells an adapter kit but things are getting complex.
I think I'll just rip the faucet out and start anew. Getting someone who can give an answer on the phone at Price Pfister often involves a two hour wait...
Doug