Price Pfister Kitchen Faucet - Low Pressure On Sprayer

I have little more than a trickle when using the sprayer on my kitchen faucet. I cleaned spray head with vinegar (let it soak even) I took the sprayer apart but it looks clean and ok mechanically. The flow from the faucet is full and strong regardless of whether the sprayer is on.

This is a used faucet I got as a hand me down because my sister upgraded. It's been so long in storage that she doesn't remember any sprayer problem.

The diagram of my faucet shows that there should be a "diverter valve" on this model, I got this from a PDF from the Price Pfister site:

However when I took off the spout, I see nothing but an open brass fitting with holes on the left and right for hot/cold and a hole to the sprayer:

Here's what the bottom looks like, I don't see any removeable parts:

side view:

Am I right in thinking that the diverter valve is just missing? I guess that might seem obvious but it just seems odd that it would be gone. Does anyone have a similar faucet that you have worked on?

The Price Pfister site says that the model is H36 Series: Windsor

Reply to
workinprogress

If the diverter is missing, you will get full flow from the spout whether the spray wand is on or not. Perhaps that's what's happening.

Is this thing going to be worth more work?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Well, since I got it free, I think it would be worth it to spring for a diverter valve. I was just trying to figure out why the thing would not be there in the first place. Does removing the diverter valve increase the flow to the faucet? That would seem logical so maybe someone did that at some point to get a stronger flow at the expense of the sprayer, but this is the first time I've taken a faucet apart. I'll let you know if the diverter valve install solves anything or makes things worse.

Reply to
workinprogress