Price of R22

Page 2 of 2
D. Fault wrote:

Who "they" are is clearly spelled out in the orginal question:
"a professional, licensed tech on a service call"
On 6/20/2016 5:41 AM, Big Giant Head wrote:

I just asked the service company owner. Right now he is paying $30 a pound.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yeah , that's HIS cost , but what is he charging his customers for it ?
--
Snag

On 6/20/2016 11:32 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I'll let you know when we get the bill.

The gas itself is not that expensive these days. Getting a guy to put it in is.
On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:28:29 PM UTC-4, Big Giant Head wrote:

All I can say is "BOHICA". Start saving for a new system. Your electric bill and recharge bills should go way down.
On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:28:29 PM UTC-4, Big Giant Head wrote:

Well I just paid $425 plus tax for a 30lb tank.

From whom? Billy Bob, or a wholesale parts house?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
> Well I just paid $425 plus tax for a 30lb tank.
Decent enough price compared to Amazon ($510-555) though maybe more than from Craigslist or eBay (typically around $400).
But the question was about what HVAC service businesses are charging (yes, a pun!) their customers.