Price of detergent. Wal Mart vs BJ's

Page 2 of 2
On 10/7/2013 8:16 AM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

I was reading some reviews and one person wrote "I know the clothes are cleaner because I can smell the detergent" Duh, you can smell residue and perfume.
Many years ago I was developing a product that needed pressure sensitive adhesive. No matter how well they worked, people thought the ones that felt sticky to their finger touch worked best even if actual testing showed otherwise.
I took one adhesive that was white when wet and added food coloring to it then did a blind test. The same people chose the red as it stuck better than the blue or white.
On 10/7/2013 8:01 AM, TimR wrote:

No, regular detergent will suds up too much even if you use less of it. Many of the detergents are no HE and can be used in any machine and the cost is about the same.
You don't need a lot, but the surfactants in the detergent are a big help to the mechanical action to clean stuff. I always use less than what the guy trying to sell the stuff recommends.