price of AAA alkaline

Page 1 of 7
Why are AAA alkaline batteries as expensive as AA, per battery? I've gotten AA as low as 20 cents a piece, but I don't need AA. I need AAA and shouldn't they be cheaper since they're smaller.
Do people with little hands get paid more?
On Mon, 30 May 2016 17:49:12 -0400, Micky

I doubt there is much difference in the cost of production

Well, I'm not buying anymore until the volume goes up and the price goes down. That'll show 'em.
On Mon, 30 May 2016 22:22:51 -0400, Micky wrote:

Silly Micky. If the volume goes up, the AAA turns into an AA.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

I guess so. Darn.
On Mon, 30 May 2016 17:49:12 -0400, Micky

sell fewer of them??
On 05/30/2016 03:49 PM, Micky wrote:

For cordless mice, keyboards, remote controls, LED flashlights, kitchen timers, etc, rechargeable Panasonic Eneloops are pretty awesome. FWIW, never seen an Eneloop leak and destroy a device.

Except perhaps for Microsoft branded mice, which are only happy with a full 1.5 volts per battery. Eneloops and other rechargeables don't put out the full 1.5 volts.
On 05/31/2016 06:48 AM, Steve Stone wrote:

I seem to have read somewhere that battery-operated devices are made to work at voltages as low as 1v per cell, considering that ordinary batteries discharge to this quickly.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Per Paul:

As opposed to DuraCells, which I have had leak in several of my devices.
Now that Eneloop has resolved the self-discharge issue it would seem that, for most applications, Eneloops are better than alkalines.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 10:28:33 AM UTC-7, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

the Dollar store sells 4 aaa for $1
work longer than Walmarts
marc

Hmm. Didn't know that. I may try that, some time. Mix and match, see which last longest.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/30/2016 5:49 PM, Micky wrote:

I've got the same concern with C and D batteries. Most of my life, I've tried to buy devices using D cells, or AA cells.
With Harbor Freight and the free flash lights, that isn't working out very well at present. Such is life.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 05/31/2016 06:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

People here use very few C cells.
After a hurricane passed through I was with a neighbor who went to the Walgreen's looking for a portable radio. The only one they had left used C cells, which they were out of.
I let him borrow an extra wind-up radio I had.

Most flashlights like that use 3 AAA cells. Does that one?
BTW, I didn't think a wind-up radio was a real thing until I got one.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 5/31/2016 11:50 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I have one in my BoB. But, the mainspring makes it uncomfortably large. I've depated adding an output tap so I could use it to power other items, instead.
And, I wish it had a digital tuner instead of the crappy old analog style.

CY: I was careful to buy one flash light on C cells (four cell mag) because often the C cells are the last ones to be found in stores. Bummer about your experience.

CY: You are far too kind!

CY: Yes, both the short lights and the magnet ones take three AAA cells.

CY: The Etons are good. And also take AA cells. I did have a wind up radio that was far more junky. Ended up selling it off.
On Tue, 31 May 2016 20:38:37 -0400, Stormin Mormon

it wouldn't spin.
On 6/1/2016 2:27 AM, Micky wrote:

Please consider buying a wind up turntable atachment.
--
.
Christopher A. Young