Price estimate on New Oil Fired Heating System

Recently got estimate for boiler replacement:
2 Zoned Heating Wheil McLean Boiler (Spelling?) with tankless hot water Remove Old Boiler and Properly Remove Asbestos on old Boiler
Price estimate: $5,500
Does this sound okay?
mstrspy Wrote: > Recently got estimate for boiler replacement:

the asbestos removal. is the new boiler the condensing type? they are way more efficient and this is important considering the lifespan of the unit. i did the same job at my house in '04 but opted for a baxi (italy) due to cost. i am way happy with it.
--
mobicus

I'm not sure about the condensing type. This is a forced hot water system. Also, te guy mentined that these boilers are desgned to las for 25 years. Is that true? My coal converted burnham is about 60 years old and would probably last another 10 years
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:43:28 +0100, mobicus