Preventing Floor Damage Due to Refrigerator

Man has a meal at a Scottish diner.

"Love how you roll your Rs. "

"Ah, these high heels...."

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I could get run over by the same car that hit me in 2007?

Across America, a man is hit by a car every

23 minutes, and boy is he ever sick of it.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Exactly I’ve had both to leak they were top of line appliances Having to refinish floors now bc the dishwasher leaked all night and flooded the kitchen floors buckled

Reply to
LJ Fugate

I hate to pile on, but that's why it was always a bad idea to put a hardwood floor in a kitchen, at least since linoleum was invented.

I said so years ago when I first read about it.

Maybe in up to the 1800's when there was no choice, but I think then the floors might have had cracks that would drain the water through, so it didn't soak the wood so much, or the boards were thicker and much less likely to warp.

Ceramic tile is also a bad idea because it increases the odds that a dropped glass or china item will break.

Reply to
micky

It probably wouldn't help if a pipe broke but a slow leak would be caught with one of those raised lip trunk liners if you could find one the right size. Hopefully you would see it filling up with water before it overflowed. They do make water sensors you can put under appliances like that to alert you when there is a problem. I think it is just a CMOS gate with a printed circuit grid that shorts out an input if it gets wet.

Reply to
gfretwell

I have one of the cheap battery operated ones by my water heater. With a dishwasher though, no place to put it. Somebody could make one that was smaller, flatter so that you could slip in under with the front panel off, but then you'd have to change the battery. Batteries do last many years though, so it could be a good idea.

Reply to
trader_4