Preventing Floor Damage Due to Refrigerator

Page 2 of 2
replying to seglie, WebUncle.com wrote:

The best thing you can do is put a fridge/freezer underlay on the floor.
Here's a link to copy/paste with an example of one (60 inch underlay):
http://www.tollco.eu/vattenskydd_produkt.php?product=5
They come in many sizes. I'm not endorsing this one, but you can see it for an example. Any similar product would work fine.
Hope this helps.
WebUncle.com
On 6/28/2015 9:44 PM, WebUncle.com wrote:

Another thing to remember is "What happens when you lose power for an extended period while on vacation?"
Okay, forget about the spoiled food, but what happens to the ice in your through the door dispenser? It melts, runs down the front of the refrigerator and all over the floor.
When departing for any extended period of time (>2 days) we shut off the ice maker and empty the bin.
DAMHIK<g>