presure washer repair

I have a Troy Bilt pressure washer. Recently, it kept loosing pressure. I found some repair videos on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUcXlBZRxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjpuPFsTuJM
, but can't find out how to put this unloader valve together again.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/attachments/outdoor-gasoline-electric-powered-equipment-small-engines/534d1337546337-brute-pressure-washer-losing-pressure-uploader-lubricate.jpg
The question I have is do the little cylinders with a pointy end that go on the end of the spring point away from the spring or do the pointy ends go inside the spring?
I was looking all over the internet, but can't find a good cut away diagram.
It seems as if the points go into the spring. http://www.pressureparts.com/mmDEV/PDF/AR/rsv-pumps.pdf