Pressure washers

Wanting to get a pressure washer for cleaning off the driveway and siding. Wonder if those electic ones will get it done or should a throw in a couple more hundred and go gas? Was looking at a gas one the other day no tank for detergent, is that typical?
On 3/22/2012 6:03 AM, don &/or Lucille wrote:

I bought a 2000 PSI electric Karcher for real cheep at Costco. 50% or something. I bought it to clean my pool area including tarps, solar blankets, pool vinyl lining and the concrete patio around the pool.
Cheap handles and wheels but the unit itself has been really good. Seems to clean the deck real good.
I'd consider Electric juct simply for the value factor and purchase from a retailer that you can return back if unhappy after say 30 days or something.
don &/or Lucille wrote:

An electric one, say 1500psi, is sufficient for your two jobs.
Cleaning the driveway, patio, tombstone, or other concrete surface, however, is usually futile inasmuch as the object will turn black in a relatively short time. I believe the surface nastiness comes from particulates in the air (I live on a busy street).
I haven't tried some sort of sealer after cleaning... that may be a solution.

I'd agree that for those jobs electric is OK too. That's what I use for cleaning off my stamped concrete patio. For many jobs, there is a limit to how much pressure you want anyway. Cleaning wood, for example.
The main consideration I'd have for going to gas would be for applications where power isn't available. You'll need a REAL extension cord and check if it will work on a 15amp or needs 20. Getting the right extension cord, think it was 10 or 12 gauge, was key to keeping mine from overheating and tripping the breaker.
For detergent mine just uses a tube that you insert into a pail of solution. I think most are like that.
It's been a lot of years since I bought mine. I tried to save a buck, and bought a used one on Ebay. The hose was missing the sprayer tip. Bought a hose. And then, the pump didn't work right. Bought another pump, which later cracked. I had about $200 invested in my savings.
I looked at pressure washers, and Home Depot had one for $98, the only one I found with a metal pump housing. Look at the place where the high pressure hose screws on, plastic or metal.
I've made my C'note back, for the HD unit, and regretted the $200 I "saved" from Ebay units.
Wanting to get a pressure washer for cleaning off the driveway and siding. Wonder if those electic ones will get it done or should a throw in a couple more hundred and go gas? Was looking at a gas one the other day no tank for detergent, is that typical?
don &/or Lucille wrote:

i got 2000 psi Karcher with Air mile points. Been trouble free for ~4 years.