pressure washer recommendation

I'm somewhat in the market for a good pressure washer. It would be for my around-the-home/yard/farm usage -- car wash, deck wash, siding wash (in prep for caulk and paint). For as much as the painters are estimating them doing the wash I'm thinking I can buy a decent washer, do it myself, and have it for the next go-around. All thoughts welcome.
kansascats wrote:

Karcher is popular brand. I got one with my Air Mile point coiuple years ago. It worked well for my around the house chore. Mine is electric.
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:28:21 -0700 (PDT), kansascats

I have an electric one I really like. No fooling with gas and an engine that won't start when you need it. (old gas, bad gas, whatever)
This is not some wimpy 120v unit. It is 230v @ 30a (3000 PSI @ 2.5 GPM). I have the same plug on is as my welder and I have outlets in several places for it. That in combination with a 10 ga extension cord and extra hoses, I can get anywhere on the property and down to the boat dock.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200347872_200347872
On 8/31/2011 12:28 AM, kansascats wrote:

I have an electric one from Lowes - less than $200 a couple of years ago. My use is infrequent and I did not want to have another gas engine around that I would have to tend to when not even using but to keep gas fresh and change oil, etc.
Think mine is 2,000 psi which is capable of doing all of the things you want. As for siding wash and any other use, once you get spray head more than a foot away it is not more effective than a regular hose.
On 8/31/2011 8:41 AM, Frank wrote:

gasoline driven (Honda engine) Karcher at Home Depot about 2600 psi as I recall a couple of years ago and it has been fine with use by 3 of my children and me.

Have gone through half a dozen electrics. Got a Karcher 6hp Honda at a yard sale, like new for $40. Best money I ever spent. Handy to wheel around anywhere, you just need water. I'd buy a gas one, and they can be had used at a good deal.
Steve
--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.
On 8/31/2011 2:05 PM, Steve B wrote:

I'm saying, light use. If I'd burned out 6 electrics, I'd have one for heavy use too ;)

And drain it every FALL. Like before freezing temps in the winter.
DAMHIKT! dammit .........
Steve
--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:38:44 -0700, "Steve B"

My water pretty much sucks so I disconnect the hoses, tilt it forward and run it a few seconds with the hose ports pointed down to get all the water out.