Pressure Washer Pump Replacement

Hello, group.

The pump on my Troy-Bilt 2450 psi, 2.5 gpm pressure washer (w/5.0 hp Honda engine) just went south. A google search has turned up several makes and models of pumps, but none that are identified as replacements for this particular model. The broken pump lacks any useful identification names or numbers as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if pressure washer pumps are basically interchangeable? A

3/4" shaft size seems to be a common feature, but the pumps' product descriptions say things like "for use on a 5.0 to 6.5 hp engine", implying a certain degree of interchange-ability among pumps and engines.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff H

The mount is the key to replacing the pump. \ What model # is the Troy built?

Reply to
tnom

It's a 1903 model. I checked the mount, it's a square pattern, about

2.75 inches per side (between bolt holes), held on with 4 allen-head (hex key) bolts.

The cheapest (least expensive) pump I've come across so far is a Comet Model VRX2527G, which has similar specs re: pressure, motor horsepower, and it "fits 4-bolt engine plates". It would be nice if I could just upgrade the pump, as I understand that the pump is the weak link in a consumer grade pressure washer. I've read a lot of good things about the Honda engine, though.

Reply to
Jeff H

My guess is the original pump is a Annovi Reverberi pump Check this pump selector guide with your numbers

More can be found here:

tnom