Pressure washer pump repair

Generac Model: 1536-1 2100 PSI
The pump pressure is not consistent. A new pump is around $180 (Ouch! I can almost buy a new washer for that.). Are there any schematics for repairing? Experience with this pump?

You can buy a seal kit and fix it from there. Otherwise that type of pump is not easy to replace (even with another brand) I'd spend the 10-20 bucks and try rebuilding it. If it doesnt work out, sell the motor and frame on craigslist for a few bucks and buy a better brand. (something with a name brand pump like cat or giant.)
Most people also forget to put a special type of antifreeze in the pumps in the winter. A couple of cold nights and that sucker freezes. Then you've got problems....

Call 1-888-GENERAC See if they sell rebuild kits

I have no experience with Generac pumps but I have a Craftsmen with a Honda Engine that had a pump failure. When Sears wanted $225.00 for a replacement I looked on eBay and found a new suitable non-Craftsmen replacement for $60.00 All you need to know is the shaft size and hole pattern for mounting purposes.
Eric9822 wrote:

I plan to order a rebuild kit and see if it can be fixed. If not, I'll look at this option.
Anyone know if there should be some way to releive the pump pressure when the handle is not depressed? Or doesn't it matter? I don't want to blow any seals.