Pressure Washer Pump Cleaning?

I have a pressure washer which is failing - no pressure. I opened up the pump to see it full of gunk. It appears to be made out of what looks like galvanized aluminum. It also has some brass. What can I use to thoroughly clean the gunk and mineral deposits?

<Thomas Chatfield> wrote in message

friend along with the user manual. Told him to be sure to rinse it out after using engine cleaning solution by running clear water through the solution pickup tube. He didn't listen or read the instructions and when I got it back a couple of months later, I fired it up and promptly cracked the pump housing. It looked inside like you've described. Since then, with my new one, I use no cleaning solutions. Just use it to spray pressurized water and I've had no problem for years.
Tom G.
Tom G wrote:

I never used mine with the cleaning solution siphon. Just hose water. What is better, a brass manifold or aluminum?