"Pressure Washer Info"

Howdy all. I'm not sure if I came to the right place, if not please feel free to send me off in the right direction. What my question is pertains to pressure washers. I've been think of buying one and do some side work on the weekends. The budget is in the $500 dollar range and been looking at some Honda's at Northern Tool. Knowing nothing on the subject I thought it would be wise to first research the matter before buying something I may not be satisfied with so if anyone has experience with pressure washers, the makes and models to buy or stay away from would be deeply appreciated or if one knows of a group that can be more informative I like to know of it's whereabouts... thanks

Ray,

Reply to
R.M.R.

I can offer this; I spent in that range for my portable on, and until the wand was upgraded, I wasn't very impressed. Plan on getting a pro type wand with a selection of tips, money well spent.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Do just what you're doing. Ask questions. Ask owners. Decide what you want, then just shop price.

I am a fan of higher quality engines. I have had Hondas, and they last pretty good. Getting the upgraded wand and tips is a good idea, too, as when you buy the package you usually get a better price than buying an add on package.

If you are going to use this to make money, look at it differently than if you are buying one to do your siding and driveway every couple of months. Buy a heavier one that will last long, and not take a crap on you in the middle of the job, costing you money. One that will last longer and run all day long every day is worth the higher initial investment. Plus, every once in a while, it can make the difference if you get that bigger job by having the bigger unit. And having a bigger unit means that it doesn't have to run as hard when doing the average jobs, like a regular one does. Translation: longer life.

HTH

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sorry I can't offer any specific suggestions, but in general I like Honda equipment. I would also suggest not undervaluing the volume specification (gallons per unit of time) It is not just a matter of the pressure. Cheaper units tend to build up their pressure specification at the expense of the volume.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan