Pressure washer choices

Which do you think is better, a Porter Cable or Karcher gasoline powered pressure washer? Both have Honda engines and around 2400 PSI. What about their pumps?

Also, what about service?

Thank you.

Reply to
FDR

I'm on my second Karcher, the first one had a bad pump (went into the dump site without much use) and was replaced by the 2400psi Honda engine Karcher. I don't trust the pump as if its on too long without water flow it will burn up. The limited 2 year warranty is for the engine and/or pump (don't remember which) but everything else is warranted for something like 30 days only. I found this out because one of the parts broke shortly after I purchased the 2400psi Karcher and they won't warrant it - my fault, didn't read the fine lines.

I have some Porter Cable power tools but not their washer. Impressed with PC quality, everything works like a champ so have not tested their warranty. If they make the washer like their other power tools it should be a winner.

Reply to
Fred

It seems that the PC is much like the Excell in HD. I'd certainly would give it a try. One downside is that PC does not have a return policy, so stores will not take them back if you don't like it.

The Karcher is less expensive, and I thought that their quality might be good co0nsidering they've been around a long time and also make their own pumps. But who knows.

Reply to
FDR

I had a small Karcher electric 1700 psi washer a few years ago. I didn't use it much, but it seemed to work well (for 1700psi) until just after the warranty expired. Then the pump sprung a leak. The cost of a new pump was more than buying another brand new non-Karcher washer. I don't know if they use the same pumps on the electric as on the lower powered gas washers.

Reply to
Vic Dura

get a red honda engine and a cat pump .

Reply to
ds549

I picked up the Devilbiss PWH2500 Power Wave (which is identical to the Porter Cable - link) at Sams club for $298.00.

far, so good.

Reply to
G Henslee

This is a know defect as the pump housing is plastic perhaps good for about

10 hours before it starts to leak but for many consumers its just after the warranty period. Check Google and you see a lot of pump leaks. Gas washer has a different pump.
Reply to
Fred

Unfortunately our local Sam's doesn't carry that model.

Reply to
FDR

What's the main difference in a black vs. red engine?

Reply to
FDR