Pressure washer as mister system pump?

I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily expensive. It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800 PSI units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system pump?( with some modifications likely). Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

DDP-5800 delivery pump available at http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=aquatec-5800 is the most common type used. The variable speed version will give you the quietest pulse free operation.

No opinions?

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.
That's the point, I want to add pressure to an existing outdoor system with about 20 nozzles.
wadekyle had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Pressure-washer-as-mister-system-pump-321640-.htm :
I was thinking of the same thing. It will make alot more noise than the pumps made for the systems, unless you were to by the belt drive pumps. As for puting to much water out, I beleive that will not be a problem if you hook a regultaor up to it. Most of the commercial pumps go up to 60 gal. per min. for large applications. You could regulate it down to 1 gal. per min.. But the noise I beleive is the bad part and also not sure of the continious duty cycle on that preasure washer motor. If you have researched more since your last post let me know. ------------------------------------- Alexander SuperTramp wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 305812 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Yup and I have been looking at these... http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=aquatec-5800 Granted the pressure is much less, but still may work for MY application. Still looking for a fogco 1000PSI unit. I would still like to research the pressure washer method, I suppose it could be mounted on the roof of the patio in an enclosure to cut down the noise.