pressure washer

Hey y`all What do I need to do to my pressure washer for the winter? Can I just run it to drain the pump and keep it in the unheated garage? I would hate to have the pump freeze and crack. TIA

Reply to
Herb and Eneva

keep in a heated area, since its hard to get ALL the water out.

I ruined one in a semi heated attached garage, parts cost more than a new unit:(

I suspect freezing effects the seals somehow

Reply to
hallerb

Engine: Run the gas out of it or mix Stabil into a full gas tank.

Pump: Manually fill the pump with RV antifreeze............ To manually fill just rig a funnel to the pump inlet and with the ignition off crank the engine until the antifreeze runs out of the pump. Do not use standard antifreeze. Use RV antifreeze.

Or purchase a aerosol can of pump antifreeze for the same purpose.

Reply to
tnom