Pressure wash outdoor heat pump compressor fins?

If done VERY carefully it is ok to do. Most people end up bending the fins over though. Best hit it with a garden hose and sprayer if you are unsure! And TURN OFF THE POWER!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Not smart, since the proper way to do it is with a non acid foaming cleaner sold for the purpose and a garden hose.

Reply to
steve

This is Turtle.

Mean Green or Castrol purple soap [ walmarts $3.99 a gal. ] and water hose.

The pressure washers will do a pretty job but most people end up mashing the fins in and I get about a $100.00 to straighten them out.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Last time I saw one T, it required the replacement of the coil....we tried for over an hour to get about 6 inches of fin cleaned up and back out, and after they started to peel off, it was time to simply replace it. When they are hit real good and folded back and follow countours, its shot to hell and back..

course....I love the ones that are almost cut in half..

Reply to
steve

On 11/21/2004 11:46 PM US(ET), TURTLE took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Never heard of Mean Green, unless you meant "Simple Green", which is what I use for all outdoor cleaning.

Reply to
willshak

This is Turtle.

Mean Green is the Dollar Store's Knock off brand of the same stuff. I just happen to get mine at the Dollar store and is the same stuff as the Simple Green. Mean Green is $.99 or so and the Simple Green is almost $2.00 or so.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE