Pressure Vacuum Breakers

I have an above ground Wilkins 3/4 inch Pressure Vacuum Breaker 420. The black cap on top is loose and has fallen off. The exposed area is quite wet. There's evidence of some dripping on the ground below, but no active dripping. I wonder if anyone can help me answer these questions:
1. Is this something that I should have inspected? By what kind of professional, and how often? Cost?
2. Can I easily replace the PVB myself? (special tools?)
Thank you.
Scott
On 12 Apr 2007 23:21:52 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mypacks.net wrote:

Mine might be the same model. It froze this Winter and damaged the top; causing a leak . It cost me about $60.00 to purchase. An adjustable wrench and a pipe wrench was all I used to replace it. Maybe 15 minutes of work.
The instructions did state to follow code and use a licensed person to install it. You don't see that notice until you are home and about to install the valve.

Oren
Thanks Oren. :c)
Anyone else out there with advice?
Scott