Pressure tank without shutoff valve

so when the foot valve fails, the entire stack is not drained. And when t he foot valve and the bottom check valve failes, ditto.

Not sure that is what I would do, though.

Reply to
Pico Rico

I'd say a checkvalve located at the submersible pump *is* a checkvalve between the tank and well.

Reply to
trader_4

as I think about it, I bet that checkvalve was installed between the well and the pressure tank AFTER the foot valve failed. Interestingly, after several years, the foot valve started working again.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Michael Wilson posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

AS i understand it a larger tank is better because the pump runs longer for each cycle but cycles less, which is what causes pump problems.

Reply to
Tekkie®

That is correct. Usually the most problems will be caused by the motor cycling off and on more. When a motor starts up it draws more current for a short period of time while the motor is starting up. This puts more stress on the motor. If you have a motor like on my well, there is a set of points that puts a capacitor in and out of the circuit for about a second at startup while the motor comes up to speed. The more often the points cycle, the faster they wear out.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

replying to trader_4, Chiltibran wrote: What happens if your valve to your house from the tank will not open and needs replaced

Reply to
Chiltibran