pressure relief valve

I have an apollo heating system;which uses hot water to heat with. my pressure relief valve is dripping.because it is an apollo system the valve must be replaced by an apollo relief valve. my question is: how dangerous(?) is waiting for 10 days until i return from a trip that is neccessary? the dripping occurs when there is NO call for heat. also the dripis not a gushing flow of water,just a drip like a faucet.
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

The problem may not be your pressure relief valve at all. Most hot water heating systems have a fill valve to supply make-up water from the building's plumbing system, in combination with a pressure reducer. The pressure reducer may have failed, allowing too much pressure into the heating system.
The diagnosis is simple: close the fill valve. If the relief valve stops dripping, the problem is the pressure reducer.

Could make a huge puddle or it may just drip. If the seal gets worse, the leak will get worse. Can't say for sure, but I'd not let it go 10 days.
Also. Google on Capitalization. Makes reading easier.
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

Hang a bucket on it.
--
Van Chocstraw
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

On Jan 18, 4:04pm, snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote:

What is boiler pressure, it might be to high. Do you have auto water feed, if so they do fail and overfill. My system only needs 12lb to go up 3 storys it is an old gravity fed system now on pump, you only need as much water to get water to the highest radiator and systems are different. Is it a 35lb relief. It should be a standard valve. Check pressure maybe lower it.