Pressure compensating valve problems for shower/tub faucet

Just purchased my first home last week and I suspect I may be posting here often :)

So here is my first post. I found the water in the shower/tub of the master bathroom was not hot enough. The water heater was turned up to the max (it has since been turned down) and the water was hot enough everywhere else in the house so I decided it had to be the faucet.

After a quick search on the Delta Faucet website I found I had a pressure compensating valve and was able to adjust it so the water was hot enough. But now the water pressure is too low. It is so low that the water could not be diverted to the shower head. To remedy this I removed the flow restrictor from the shower head but I still feel that the water pressure should be a bit higher.

I don't have any proper measuring device, but as near as I can tell the water pressure for cold and hot water supplies in this house are the same. What options do I have for increasing the water pressure from this faucet without lowering the temperature?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew