Preserving electrical tape?

Unroll the entire roll. Cover all of the electrical tape with duct tape, being sure to apply the duct tape to both sides of the electrical tape. Then roll it back up. When you need to use it, simply cut off as much as you need, then remove the duct tape from the electrical tape, discard the duct tape, and use the electrical tape in the normal manner.

Reply to
tanvandoo

Did you buy it from Hong Kong Harbor Freight? Maybe it's a cheap Chinese knock-off with a fake 3M label?

Reply to
Mitt Romley

I'm in the Palouse (Washington state) - semi arid and the last time I needed some the roll was still good. Has to be at least 20 years old.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

As far as I know, HF doesn't carry counterfeit items. They may sell cheap Chinese products, but they won't have a name-brand label on them.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I had some super cheap electric tape dry out many years ago, may have been from builders square.

but tape that dries out is bad news in any electrical application, since the tape will come undone:(

Reply to
bob haller

Mitt Romley wrote in news:51583d3f$0$39103$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Probably Walmart - maybe Lowes or Home Depot.

Reply to
KenK