Preserving electrical tape?

Page 2 of 2

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Scotch-Super-33plus-Vinyl-Electrical-Tape.html

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Scotch-Super-Vinyl-Electrical-Tape-88.html
He might have some 3M that is not the Scotch 33 or 88. The plant I worked at used a lot of electrical tape. To reduce costs they bought some other 3M tape that was not ver good compaired to the 33. After we used all of it, and threw some of it away, they went back to the 33. I think it was called something like Highland, but did not see that listed as an electrical tape any more.
On 3/26/2013 11:01 AM, George wrote:

Did you buy it from Hong Kong Harbor Freight? Maybe it's a cheap Chinese knock-off with a fake 3M label?

As far as I know, HF doesn't carry counterfeit items. They may sell cheap Chinese products, but they won't have a name-brand label on them.

I had some super cheap electric tape dry out many years ago, may have been from builders square.
but tape that dries out is bad news in any electrical application, since the tape will come undone:(

Probably Walmart - maybe Lowes or Home Depot.

Unroll the entire roll. Cover all of the electrical tape with duct tape, being sure to apply the duct tape to both sides of the electrical tape. Then roll it back up. When you need to use it, simply cut off as much as you need, then remove the duct tape from the electrical tape, discard the duct tape, and use the electrical tape in the normal manner.