Prescription assistance

This is off topic but I would like opinions anyway. I am taking Fosamax for osteopenia. I have been getting it free from Merck under their assistance program. Now, my doctor has been told (by the hospital he works for) not to sign off on any future assistance prescriptions. Their reason is that I am eligible for Medicare D (which I do not have). Merck says that having Medicare does not prevent a patient from getting assistance from them. What recourse do I have?
---MIKE---

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:35:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

I would ask the drug company.
---MIKE--- wrote:

Find another doctor?

One at another hospital that won't say this to the doctor.
For whatever reason, the hospital doesnt want to be involved in this program for someone who could get medicare D, which I guess would give you a substantial discount on the Fozimax.
Or maybe find out what department of the hospital told yhour doctor that, and go there and ask the person to change his mind, for whatever reasons you can offer. Maybe he'll tell you something you can change so that his reason won't apply, or maybe he'll just change his mind.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote in

WD40 and/or Baking Soda
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) writes:

I don't understand what you just said. You say you are eligible for Medicare D coverage and then you say you don't have it. Did you forget to tell us why you don't have it? Why don't you apply for it?
Read this page and the next one:
http://www.mymedicarematters.org/People/Steps/step2_company_discount_card.asp
I have no experience with any of this and this is completely off topic for alt.home.repair. If you want good advice spend some time with Google like I just did.
Suggested search terms:
Medicare D
also:
osteopenia
I'm hoping you are doing more to treat the osteopenia than just taking Fosamax.
Good luck