Prepping: Using a vehicle's fuel pump to transfer gasoline...

Page 2 of 2

When I was scrapping my 1990 Mazda 929S, I tried to siphon off the remaining gas.... couldn't do it in any non-destructive way.
No return line would proly make this unworkable with the engine running -- which would not be a biggie if the pump can be otherwise energized. It seems preferable to be able to transfer gasoline without the engine running.
--
EA